WANTED – NEW GOVERNORS
What are we looking for?
Our school Governing Body is made up of Community, Parent, Partnership and Staff Governors. Our Governors may come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves.
We are currently looking for new Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
• An interest in the performance of the school.
• An open and enquiring mind
• The ability to look at issues objectively
• The confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
• A willingness to listen and make informed judgements
• The ability to work well with others
• Time to spare
• A child or children currently attending Meadowdale Academy (essential for elected Parent Governors)
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Governor at Meadowdale Academy. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests and skills as possible.
What can we offer?
• A chance to develop skills in strategic management
• The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School
• A sense of achievement in making a difference to our School
• The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
• Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
• Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
• Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the Headteacher and therefore the performance of the staff and the school as a whole.
• Deciding policy and future development plans
• upholding good governance and working towards the success of the School
Being a governor can be enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding. Please don’t be put off by thinking that you have to have specialist expertise or knowledge. Enthusiasm and interest is much more important to start with. And remember, you will be joining a long established governing body and will be supported by fellow governors with many years of combined experience.
If you are interested, please contact Gail Bradford, Clerk to the Governors for an application form, or to find out more about the role and the appointment process.
(Email Gail.Bradford@northumberland.gov.uk) phone 01670 823170, or write care of: Gail Bradford: Meadowdale Academy Hazelmere Avenue Bedlington Northumberland NE22 6HA